Double buffering

Got a question? Need help? Post here!

Double buffering

Postby papaRobot » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:03 am

Hello! I have some images on the stage. I have problem with drawing them when I move camera fast. I think its call artifacts. How I can turn on double buffering? Or may be there is some other answer?
papaRobot
Corporal

Re: Double buffering

Postby Arkeus » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:15 am

Could you describe what you're seeing more. Stage3d renders using a backbuffer and I believe vsync is always enabled in flash.
Arkeus
Site Admin

Postby papaRobot » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:12 am

https://imgflip.com/i/621g9

You can see white line.
papaRobot
Corporal

Postby Arkeus » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Interesting, I haven't seen an issue like that before. What OS/browser/flash version/etc are you using? I might not be able to provide help without code that replicates the issue though.
Arkeus
Site Admin

Postby papaRobot » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:14 pm

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/7bf2d10f912e/archive.zip
This archive contains code and resources. Just press up and down and you will see may be.
The same problem in the Chrome browser.

I use windows 7 and Adobe flash player 7.11 r700
papaRobot
Corporal

Postby Arkeus » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:24 pm

Bah, another issue because I still haven't fixed something that's been there forever.

There's an optimization where I don't draw something if it's off screen. But the off screen calculation is naive, and needs to be improved.

If you open up AxSprite.as and comment out lines 399-401 it should work correctly. This will make it try to draw everything, even things off screen. If you end up having lots of things loaded but not on the screen, you can always optimize away the draw call yourself if it's necessary (it normally isn't).

I think it's caused by you modifying the position manually, rather than using velocity to do it. I'd suggest always using velocity, otherwise you might find things not working right. You might get the same effects (and save a lot of headaches later) if you:

1. Never manually adjust the position of something (unless its a rare thing) and know that doing so means things like center.x and screen.x won't return the correct thing right away.

2. Always do your super.update() at the end of your objects. Typically the only thing you want after super.update() is the collide/overlap calls in your state. Instead of modifying the y position by 20, if you set velocity.y by 20, then when it hits super.update, it will adjust the y by 20 along with computer all the things that it needs to.
Arkeus
Site Admin

Postby papaRobot » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:14 am

Thanks! Its very helpful! ;)
papaRobot
Corporal

Postby wilmawilson44 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:18 pm

6) I’ve checked but that’s not working and I’m pretty sure that it’s fake. Nothing works without an internet connection and if it still works then it’s a scam and you guys should be careful. Also, I read that some people are saying that this thing is slowing down the speed of their internet.

But the problem is not in the new feature of speedput , it's because you are not getting the actual speed of the internet. You should perform a speed test to make sure that you are getting the actual speed of the internet. For this, you can take help from this site.
wilmawilson44
Private

Return to Help